Friday, July 30, 2010

Mad dash to the finish...

Hey, I know it's been a while since my last post. The time I've spent here so far has flown by, and there are only two weeks left after this one! There is so much to do- I spent a lot of time working on my poster this week. They are due on Monday so they can be printed on large paper, and we are presenting them to the faculty and the public next Friday. I want to finish mine by the end of today. I only need to take a few more pictures and add them to the poster.

I also need to start writing my results. I have edited my introduction a couple times already, but I feel like I need to do a lot of work on my paper soon! Along with writing, I need to take down the growth trial next week and analyze the results. Then I need to run the habitat trial for 2 days too. I have everything ready to go for that trial (for the most part), so I'll be ready to start that on Monday. I have to go down to the beach and haul a bunch of buckets of sand back to the lab to use in the habitat trial, though. That will probably take a while. I am hoping I have enough amphipods and isopods to run the trial so I don't have to go out collecting again.

Last Tuesday we were able to take a cruise on the lab's research vessel. We went out of the habor and along the coast. On our way back into the harbor there was a juvenile gray whale 50 feet from the boat and we saw it surface about 6 times. I took some good videos with my camera.

I should also think about preparing my Powerpoint presentation for the talk we have to do near the end of the program. I am really nervous for that, and I feel like I need to review the primary literature big time so I actually sound like I know what I'm talking about. I don't retain things well after reading them once, so it will take me a while to go over all of the papers I have looked at.

This weekend Aunt Tracy is coming and we are going to go to her friend's house near San Francisco and stay overnight tonight. This weekend should be a lot of fun, but first I need to squeeze in a progressive long run in about an hour. I'm also hoping to take the bus to Sebastopol on Sunday so I can do the 150, 70, and 120m repeats on an actual track.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on all the presenting, though I'm sure everything is going to turn out great. Don't forget to enjoy it a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i'll try- I'll feel better once I get my results, I guess.

    ReplyDelete