Friday, July 2, 2010

Ughh I JUST typed this entire post and then got disconnected from the internet and it got deleted, so I'll be brief. I've been super busy this week. So far I've set up half of my main experiment, read more papers, collected more isopods and amphipods, cleaned a lot of algae and seagrass, written my project proposal, started writing my methods and materials section and the reference section, and had my bike fixed.

Tomorrow I need to find 60 amphipods that are 1 cm in length and then measure exact length to a certain bosy segment under the microscope (after calibrating the scale of the microscope ruler to an actual ruler.

It was pretty fun preparing my seawater table for the experiment, because I got to build grid panels with netting on top to keep out the sun.

Tomorrow night there will be fireworks over the bay, which will be cool. On Sunday we're all going over to the REU director's house for a croquet/4th of July party. No one really feels like mingling and playing croquet for four hours since we all want to get more work done on our projects.

Last night we drove along highway 1 for a while and had a beach dinner and went rock climbing, which was fun.

My goal is to have my main experiment up and running by Sunday night.

2 comments:

  1. I know you want to get your project up & running, but enjoy yourself too! It's nice of the director to have you over, so enjoy! The fireworks should be beautiful over the bay! Looking forward to seeing the beach pics on fb.
    -m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow . . .that must have been a busy week . . .no posts all week until Friday! Also - so - there are no weekends off? Hope you enjoyed the 4th. I'll bet it made you a little homesick not to be at Pickerel Lake for their annual awesome fireworks!

    ReplyDelete